Conflicts of Ambition


 Ambition killed both of us.

You were too ambitious to bind me,

I was too ambitious to leave you.

The "Different staged people can never match their life phases."

The place where I am coming from- you have seen it already,

And, what I want to experience is unnecessary to you now.

The different phases in life take people to walk different roads at a time,

The road that I have undertaken is different than yours.

And, the road you are on- I could not understand it back then.

The binding thread was weak.

Differences in experiences can lead to devastating formations.

We were made of glass, and we were meant to break.

The differences subdue the attraction.

Other than necessities, people wouldn't bond anyway.

What necessity could bring two different people together?

Obviously, materialistic needs!

But, for soul-ties, one needs to uncover one's soul first,

Understand the inner person hidden beneath the exterior,

And,  differences in perspectives and lack of depth can strip you away from forming connections. 

One cannot be with someone whom they don't admire,

And, one cannot love someone whom they can't respect.

Respect comes from tolerance and valuing other people.

But, if one starts the 'othering' at the very beginning,

How can the depth be dug?

To understand others' perspectives, one must have a deep thinking level.

The reasoning skill that very few people have.

Well, unfortunately, for you I was not impressed by your surface level thoughts.

It's too hard to reach a woman's heart who is a deep thinker.


©® Farheen Akter Bhuian Nancy 

Timeframe: 12.24 pm, CDT, Lubbock, Texas








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

শিল্পীর মৃত্যু

Divine Prayer

Ache in my body