Time Lapses

 If I look into the past I get bitter, 

If I look into present I become steadfast, 

And, if I look forward to future I become hopeful.

The past has shown me how to be resilient. 

The future holds possibilities, 

If I use my potentials, 

The present speaks of the credentials 

that I have earned from the labor I have done- 

in the backdrop when nobody sees,

I rise early when everyone is asleep, 

And, I have been awake from ever since.

Everybody sees the champion rebuilding, 

Nobody sees the silent sacrifices they give. 

I have sacrificed myself to sacred time, 

Only to find vast time ahead after finishing all jobs,

I have been in a continuous loop of work,

Hustling into one after another without a break,

And, when everything gets quiet, then I realize I have none and nothing to do anymore. 

I am whole and alone at the same time. 

I have sacrificed and sacrament myself, 

Cremated myself into the art of work.

As if devoting all my time to purpose- after fulfilling them instead of feeling complete I feel something is lacking- I need to do more. 

It's a continuous loop. 

I have sacrificed my ties to the time bound,

The time lapses now reminds me I am alone.


©® Farheen Akter Bhuian (Nancy)

Time Frame: 11.20 pm CDT, Lubbock, Texas 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

শিল্পীর মৃত্যু

Divine Prayer

Ache in my body